Janitorial Services Nashville: What to Ask When Hiring a Cleaning Company
What Services Do They Offer?First and foremost, you need to hire a janitorial company that offers the services your facility needs. For instance, in addition to daily cleaning tasks, you may need help with material handling, trash and recycling removal, snow and ice removal, landscaping, and more. Not all cleaning services have the resources or expertise to fulfill multiple roles. Rather than hiring several separate contractors to handle various tasks, look for a full-service provider that can do everything you need and more.
Do They Have Proper Certifications?Next, ask about the company’s credentials. At the very least, they should be licensed and insured. Beyond this, though, look for additional certifications that signify expertise and commitment to various best practices. Some of these memberships include:
- Business Service Contractors Association International (BSCAI)
- National Service Alliance (NSA)
- U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC)
- American Public Power Association (APPA)
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED)